Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week 14 Review

This graphic made me laugh out loud in public. I suppose it made my weird light shine bright! I will never forget in 3rd grade when Lyndsey Beitler told me I was weird. I said "thank you!" because that's what my mom used to always say if I called her weird. Then Lyndsey said "No, Jillian, in a bad way." At the time I was crushed. Now, I look back and laugh. How indicative of how the rest of my life would go! My boyfriend is always talking about how weird I am, but that's why he loves me. My mom taught me that being weird was way more fun than being "normal". Now, I think being a little weird, being who I am without giving into what people say I should be, makes me who I am!
Source: Blogspot

This video seemed especially timely. Between Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I got 4 hours of sleep. Staying up researching for my thesis and writing a paper for my French Lit class. After those two nights I was so exhausted. I went home and slept so hard for an hour before I had to be up again for the Crimson and Queens Drag Show. I wanted to stay home and sleep, but I had been talking to my friend Jerry (who organized the show) for two years about how OU needs a drag show. Bad timing for me. But the Thursday night, I slept like a baby for about 11 hours straight. This video is eye opening about the long term effects of sleep deprivation. My grandmother has suffered from strokes, and I don't want that to happen to me if I can help it by getting a good night's sleep!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Jillian!
    I love that quote SO, so much. I have always been the "weird" one, and I am so thankful for that. Just keep doing you! Keep attracting other weirdos and live your best life!

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...