Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Reading Week 15: The Indian Storybook, Part A

My favorite story between the Sacred Cow and the Richyashringa was the Sacred Cow story. I liked the theme of too much good being a bad thing. the king was too generous and kind that the peace was too much, he needed an army. He needed to beat someone up. The king was depressed and so a goddess filled his life with laughter, but too much laughter becomes a source of "woe". 
Image result for sacred cow
A very ugly cow
flickr

I think that it is to say the only person deserving of a cow that can provide for all your needs is a sage hermit. No one, especially no one with power such as a king, should have a sacred cow, it would be too much good. 


The Sacred Cow. Wilson. Indian Story Book (1914). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...