Sunday, April 29, 2018

Famous Last Words: Make or Break Time

Reading everyone's posts about finishing the semester, going back home, having very calm dead week/finals week ahead is giving me some severe jealousy.

As I have mentioned several times in other posts, I am spending my GORGEOUS Sunday stuck inside trying to get work done. It's so pretty outside! I'd rather be enjoying the sun and light breeze. But being inside with WiFi is my punishment for this semester's procrastination. Not only am I working on my Indian Epics Assignments, but I have to write my Honors Thesis. I am really worried it's going to turn out horrible, but I am going to be using my mantra that I came up with for the Growth Mindset assignment this week: Perfection is impossible; to be enough is perfection. I believe that remembering this simple mantra will help give me the motivation I need to just do the dang paper. It doesn't have to be perfect, I just have to do it. If I don't I took all those honors classes for nothing and suffered through a semester long Milton course for jack-squat.

As for Indian Epics, I have to do every remaining assignment for the semester and I should be ok. I was dreading doing every assignment, especially because I'm so worried about my thesis. However, these have been quite therapeutic, especially my Growth Mindset assignment and Tech Tip.

Panera's Hot Chocolate.
Source: Personal Photo
on a lighter note, anyone here ever had a hot chocolate from Panera? I had before. It came in a little disposable cup, like your average hot chocolate. Well I got one this morning, and it was a completely different experience! Oh my goodness this hot chocolate was ridiculous! It had marshmallows, but they were covered in chocolate powder with tiny chocolate chips that melted and so when you bit into it, it was extra chocolatey!! Y'all it was heavenly. My lactose uncomfortable nature hates me, but it was so worth it. Get to your local Panera now and get this bad boy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I am in the same boat. Although I have graduation to look forward to in 2 weeks, my procrastination has me cramming lots of assignments in. I wish I had done more earlier so I could soak up my last few weeks with my friends, but I put that on myself. May move to Panera when I'm ready for some hot coco as a little treat to myself!

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...