Sunday, April 29, 2018

Learning Challenge: Yoga at your desk!



I read the article "6 Yoga Exercises You Won't Be Embarrassed to Do at Your Desk" by Linda Steinberg.

Well let me just say, I did this at my table at Panera, and I did feel embarrassed. So thanks a lot Linda.

DEC15-deskyoga5
Prayer Pose Deskercise.
Source: Harvard Business Review
But I did like some of the stretches. I particularly liked the prayer pose and the neck stretches. The most important part of the article for me though was remembering to breathe! Sometimes I do little stretches at my desk, but I don't hold it long and breath through it. I think that may be the most important part and I haven't been doing it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jillian!
    I love that you just went right ahead and tried these in Panera. I'm sure there were some confused looks! I am definitely going to take a peak at this article. It will hopefully help me through these last few weeks of cramming before graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jillian, I clicked on your post because I find myself getting stiff and suffering from neck and back pain when I sit at my desk for too long. I will definitely be giving some of these exercises a try. I am not currently in public so I won't get any weird looks like you did, just judgemental stares from my cats. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to give these a try right now!

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...