Sunday, April 29, 2018

Growth Mindset: Perfection Is Trash

My biggest obstacle in accomplishing my goals is trying to be perfect. If I feel I won't do an assignment, I don't do it or put it off until there is so little time left it won't even be my best work. 

I am currently working on my Honors Thesis that I put off all semester because I was afraid of not being perfect. Now I'm freaking out it won't be good enough. But at this point, I just need to finish, do my best, and get honors credit. To finish, for it to be enough, is perfect for me. 

I chose Mulan because she is my fictional hero. No one believed in her, and she doubted she would ever be enough for anyone or anything. She would never be the perfect soldier to a lot of people. She makes a lot of mistakes. But in the end, she saves China because she tried her best and she was enough. 

Cheezburger Image 9156977152
Made with Cheezburger

1 comment:

  1. Hey again, Jillian, I clicked on this post because I saw Mulan, ha! But the title also drew me in; I am a writer and one of my biggest problems is being too critical of my own work. I too strive for perfection when sometimes it's best to leave whatever it is alone, which could be perfection in itself. I think its great that you've decided that doing the work to be finished is your "perfect" that's a great mindset to adopt.

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...