Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Reading Notes: Ramayana, Part C

  • Younger brother claims to have done everything innocently
  • Two brothers are chasing after a creature and older brother goes into a cave. younger brother is told to wait outside at the mouth of the cave.
  • Younger brother sees the blood of the creature and believes the older brother is dead
    • He covers the opening of the cave and the older brother can't leave 
  • The younger brother goes to take the kingdom 
  • The older brother comes back, takes the kingdom and the younger brother's wife. 
I don't know if I believe he would have sealed off the cave with zero confirmation that his brother was dead. There has to be more to his reasoning. 

Sugriva's StoryRama and the Monkeys by Geraldine Hodgson (1903).
Image result for two monkeys
Two monkeys fighting Source: flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...