Monday, February 5, 2018

Feedback Thoughts and Strategies

Image result for rejection
Source: pixabay

Why rejection hurts so bad- and what to do about it

     What I found the most interesting and helpful about this article was when they discussed how to cope with rejection. They said how rejection feels like an attack on your self-worth and so you must do something to bolster your sense of worth. They suggest social interaction, a reminder that while some may reject you, others are there for you.
     About a week ago, I found out that I didn't get into a program I was really hoping I would at least be a semi-finalist for. I had worked so incredibly hard on the application for months and truly felt it expressed who I am and my accomplishments. So when I wasn't selected, it felt far more personal of a rejection than other rejections I have received. I was planning on just crying in my room by myself, but then my friend who lives in Philadelphia insisted on calling and telling me over the phone the things he thinks are great about me. then we talked for hours and the blow I had received from that rejection was far less than it had seemed before. Talking to friends and family who support you and know your strengths always help, if not completely, than a lot.


How to Craft Constructive Feedback

     I thought that this was a great guide for giving feedback that is both supportive and will still be clear to allow the author to truly improve the writing. The describe component is particularly important. That way if they don't agree with the suggested revision, they know the problem and can work from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...