Monday, February 5, 2018

Topic Brainstorm

Historical Figure: I really enjoyed writing about Eleanor of Aquitaine last semester. I think it would be cool to do this again, having real people interact with fictional epics and watch cultures come together. I don't think I would reuse Eleanor of Aquitaine, just because I am having a hard time of thinking how I would get Eleanor to India. Perhaps India could come to Eleanor, but I will have to think about it. Another route would be to choose a modern day figure and have her interact with the epics of India and see how things have changed over time in India.
 Source: Women in Indian Politics

Fairy: When reading the story about the she-goblin who ate men, the randomness of the fairy who saved the men truly struck me. I wrote a story to explore her back story and I loved writing about her. I think it would be fun to extend her story. If she really is just hanging around saving random groups of men, who else has she saved? I think it would be fun to explore her story further, and add her into other stories, writing about how she saves others.
Source: Goblin City

Ramayana's Travels: Rather than travelling India, maybe Ramayana travels outside of India. maybe he comes to the U.S., maybe even time travels. So it would be his stories, but set in a different time and place. (Perhaps this could be incorporated into a historical figure storyline). We could see how he would interact with another culture and how his story changes. 
Source: Ramayana

Geographical: I really love the idea of a travel story and I would also like to learn more about Hindi temples. So maybe my story would be a girl who travels to India and visits temples. However, at each temple she has a vision of what happened there. She learns that someone is trying to destroy the temples and she must use the clues from the stories to figure out who is going to hurt the temples. She has to stop them and save the temples.
Source: Famous Temples

Image result for hindu temple
Prambanan in Java Source: Wikimedia



4 comments:

  1. Nice post.Thanks for sharing this in your blog.Book your tickets for any vacation or trip in Rajasthan Tour Packages and get exciting offers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness!! Remarkable post about your outing. It is a best place to visit amid excursion with family. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this magnificent post about your outing. Jaisalmer Desert Camps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post. Thanks for sharing! how can i subscribe to your newsletters? Also what are some Amazing temples in India

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...