Monday, April 23, 2018

Famous Last Words: Stuck on the Side of the Road

I graduate in three weeks, y'all... I'm freaking out.

The school week was alright. I took a makeup exam for French. I didn't feel prepared at all, but I got a 93% so that was exciting! The rest of the week was pretty slow. I enjoyed the Jatakas I read. I love reading the traditional stories that are almost like nursery rhymes we grew up with, but often more meaningful. My favorite Jataka I read was the Great Elephant which I based my weekly story off of.
My car sitting in the shoulder on I-35 in Ardmore.
Source: My aunts who thought it was funny to take this picture. 

However, everything kind of went wrong this weekend. I went to Philadelphia to visit my boyfriend, the last chance I get to see him until June, so this was a very exciting/important trip. I even had an interview for a summer job lined up and some sublets to look at in the city. However, I was driving to Dallas (because it's so much cheaper to fly out of Dallas than Oklahoma City), and my car broke down. I was on the side of the interstate in Ardmore, an hour and a half from both Dallas and Oklahoma City. It's a long story, but I got lucky. I have family who live in Ardmore and I had family who happened to be nearby on their way back to OKC who picked me up and drove me back. My dad reluctantly agreed to drive me to Dallas, and I got to fly out to Philly.

My time in Philly was short and hurried. After leaving, I'm so stressed. I knew it wasn't the smartest decision to go even after all this. I could have stayed home and worked on school work, especially now that it's crunch time. It was just hard to not go knowing I wouldn't see him again for quite a while, and soon I'd be in France and not see him for seven months. I'm not good at giving up on things when I probably should.

But the past is the past. I went, didn't get much done this weekend. Now it's time to focus and get to graduation which is only three weeks away... oy vey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...