Monday, March 12, 2018

Famous Last Words: Thinking Ahead

Last week was one filled with anxiety and constant worry. However, this week has been better.

I feel as though I am finally calming down and in the right state of mind to make some big girl decisions. For example, I decided for sure that if I am accepted into my seven month program in France I will definitely take it. I am also applying to Teach For America, but I am far less interested in TFA. TFA is such a demanding program that I know I need to be far more excited and passionate about it if I am going to commit myself to it for two years.

At the same time, I am looking for summer internships in Philadelphia which is where my boyfriend is. I am applying to be an Editorial Intern at Hachette Book Group and I am hoping that I can get into the book publishing industry after y return from France. If anyone wants to help me edit my Cover Letter for Hachette Book Group, hit me up! It's something I really want, but feel so unqualified for so I am trying not to get my hopes up.

I am also feeling more confident about my progress in the class. My portfolio is going well and I am starting to have more of a vision for where I want that project to go. I feel on track so that even though I will need to keep up my extra credit participation, I know I will end the class with an A and I still won't have to do every single assignment ever.
Image result for french
Photo of French Flag
Source: Public Domain Pictures

My big accomplishment of the week was that Thursday I turned in a French paper that was not only late, but also one of the worst assignments of my life. I felt so ashamed of the work I had done and so quickly, that I didn't want to turn it in because I didn't want my professor to see. I "knew" for sure I couldn't get above a 65 on the assignment. Well I got my grade back and I got an 88! So basically I am a French genius *hair flip*. Just kidding, I really lucked out. But that was my great moment of the week was seeing that 88!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...