Sunday, January 21, 2018

Time Strategies

Source
Out of curiosity, I went back to read my Time Strategies blog from last semester. After reading it, I decided it would be best to review the articles I had read before. After all, I had written five months ago, "I will have to go back and reread this article several times to fully appreciate all  the points the author makes and the questions it poses to the reader". I have not reread that article since. 
The first article I had read was  Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination. Rereading it was such a great reminder that I can't give into procrastination even if it is my last semester and I seem to be losing motivation by the moment. I was reminded that the first step may often be the hardest, but it is the most important. Often it's just a matter of closing Netflix and opening Canvas.
The other article,  Why time management is ruining our lives, is what I had hoped to read again, and it was so amazing to look at a second time.  I kept coming back to this quote which is cited in the article: "Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell." As I am trying to make all of these decisions about my future and life after graduation, I have to decide what are my goals in life. What's important to me? What is the point of goals if I am not passionate about them? I have to spend time wisely or it is wasted. And doing something for the sake of doing it because I was taught to do it is not worthy of my time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill! I definitely agree with your sentiment that the first step is really critical in getting stuff done. After that, everything often just falls into place. I think it applies to everything, really. The concept makes me think of Newton's Law of Inertia: "An object in motion stays in motion". I also agree with focusing more on the long term goals instead of just doing the daily grind.

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...