Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Reading Options

Benzaiten, Kangiten and BishamontenDaishō-in Temple. Source: ouocblog

So far, I am finding the differences in structure for Indian Epics compared to Mythology & Folklore class interesting and more challenging. Rather than picking stories at random, we will be reading similar stories, which I suspect creates more cohesion among the class. 
I am most excited to use the reading guide because traditional style reading to learn helps me the most. However, I plan to check out more of the video options throughout the semester, just to add another dimension to my understanding of the culture. 
I do not plan to use the comic book resource much. When I worked at a library in high school, I could never get into the comic books. I would rather read and imagine a character than see drawings. 

I have always loved stories about archers. I guess there's just a certain poetry to the skill and gracefulness involved while it is still a violent act. I would definitely like to get back to this story!
I found this video so calming and beautiful! It took me back to high school Latin where we would chant conjugation endings. 
I remember reading so many projects focused on Ravana, that I decided to look through some images associated with her. This was my favorite image as I found it so different and detailed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...