Monday, April 2, 2018

Famous Last Words: Health Stuff

Image result for sick
Source: Wikimedia

Today is a great lesson in why I should never procrastinate. There were so many academic projects I needed to be working on today and be finishing up very soon. Unfortunately I woke up at 2 am unable to swallow. I'd been having a sore throat, but while I was sleeping it had gotten so much worse! So I got to the Urgent Care as soon as it opened to find out that I have strep throat. My body aches, I have no energy for anything, and so now I'm just sitting and stressing in pain. 

Thankfully, I am not as behind in this class as I thought I was, so I am still doing well and aiming for an A by the end of the semester. I got my project assignment in and I an get away with putting off some assignments while I'm "resting". However, in my other classes, I can't afford to miss more lectures and I was supposed to be doing research all day. But the thought of reading dense academic papers sounds like the worst thing right now. 

I'm also running low on funds since I went out of town for spring break and now I'm missing a whole day at two of my jobs. Being sick was bad enough when I was a kid, but then I got to miss school with no consequences and just watch America's Next Top Model in peace. Now I'm working on assignments and stressfully watching 30 Rock. 

All I can say you guys is don't go get sick from whatever strain of strep this is that's going around. Drink some Emergen-C, eat your vegetables, and wash your hands as much as possible! I'll be over here struggling to swallow water and forcing myself to stay within the recommended doe of ibuprofen. 

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely agree with you! Being sick when we were kids was actually fun. We got to stay in bed and have food brought to us and we could watch TV all day without getting in trouble. Getting sick while being adults is a lot harder and it becomes so difficult balancing work and school on top of an illness. I hope you feel better and stay motivated to get your work done!

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...