Monday, February 26, 2018

Famous Last Words: Lightly Struggling

This semester was supposed to be so light and easy for me to stay on top of everything. That plan has failed rather miserably. This semester, all I've been able to think about is the future. After graduation, what am I going to do? Where am I going to live? It causes me so much stress not having the answer to these questions!

With all of that being said, working on assignments for this class has been a sort of escape. I enjoy writing and planning stories. I enjoy the feedback I receive from fellow students and Laura, and I enjoy being able to give feedback to others in the class. Whenever I work on Epics of India assignments, not only am I enjoying myself, but I know that the time is being used for something productive. Unlike when I watch Netflix or go out with friends, I'm not constantly worried that maybe I should be using that time for school or planning the future. When working on this class, I can just enjoy!

This weekend I am going to Philadelphia. While I am so very excited to go, I am also stressed that I should be instead studying and working on schoolwork. I am wondering if my going out of state for an entire weekend is just terribly irresponsible and I might regret it. On the other hand, I fell like 22 is the age for doing stupid stuff like flying to Philadelphia on short notice and ignoring upcoming papers and tests. Maybe it's not responsible, but now is the time to be a little imperfect and make imperfect decisions. Or maybe that is just what I am telling myself so I can go and have fun. Either way, I bought the tickets so I can't back out now.

However, I look forward to my adventures, both traveling adventures and my storytelling adventures for this class!
Me performing at Karaoke Night at The Deli
when I probably should have been studying.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. Being so young( I mean 22 is pretty young in all actuality) it is easy to get wrapped up in what the future holds. I hope your semester turns back around for you. Try not to stress too much about the future. Try things you want to do, even if you fail/ don't enjoy them. At this age we have so much time to recover from our failures, and learn from them. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...