Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Reading Note: Ramayana, Part A

Image result for indian sages
Vishwamitra Source: Wikimedia
  • Rama must defeat a female warrior (doesn't want to fight a woman but must)
  • After he defeats her, he receive celestial weapons
  • After taking people back to his shelter, a band of rakshasas attack an alter. 
  • celestial weapons appear when he thinks of them and he drives them away
The sages are Rama's biggest fan at this moment. They provide him with weapons and a shelter. I wonder what would have happened if they had helped him defeat her.  I also didn't understand why they wanted her killed. 

Ramayana. Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Peace Out Homies

Once I turn in this assignment, I will be done with this class. And then I'll only have one thesis and one final exam. And then I'll...